Thursday, May 6, 2010

Step Two Snacks II

We eat pretzels instead of potato chips in our house. These are my favorite pretzels. The flavor is good and no one realizes its wheat or with less sugar than most pretzels. One serving is defined as 1 oz or about 8 pretzels. This one serving contains 110 calories, 1 gram fat, and 23 grams of carbs (1 g fiber and 3 g sugar). The kids love these pretzels. There is no high fructose corn syrup in these pretzels which is a must when it comes to snacks in our house.



This is a typical serving of pretzels if I just allow the kids or me to eat right out of the bag. AS you can see it is well over what the recommended serving size is. This is a 2 1/2 serving size. Which means it would have contained 275 calories easily.



This is what I do instead of just allowing the snacking straight out of the bag. I portion out a single serving when I bring the bag into the house. The family knows they can have one bag for a snack. Bags are returned to the empty bag box and I reuse the bags for future snacks. This teaches proper serving size and portion control.

No comments:

Post a Comment